Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mother May I? Harry and Gabby's Favorite Game

Remember that kids game we used to play? You know the one, where we would say, "Mother, may I take ten steps forward?" And the child acting as the surrogate parent would answer either yes or no? We would be frozen in place until we were given permission to move.

Fast forward to yesterday at the US House of Representatives, Mother Pelosi told little Harry and Gabby to stay close to the podium with both the yes and no voting cards. She gave them permission to vote no on the $700 billion bailout in an attempt to save their........seats in the upcoming election on the first roll call vote. But she told them, don't move until I release you. I may need you to switch your vote at the last minute. As far as I know, they are both still standing at attention waiting to be released from the the floor.

Hey, I thought these two reformers were bipartisan and wanted to serve the people of Arizona? As I recall the people's republic of San Francisco is not in either of their districts.

No comments: